Having acne can ruin more than just your self-confidence – if you let it, acne can start to creep into every corner of your life.
Acne sufferers know that this struggle goes way beyond skin deep. When you have persistent acne that just won’t go away no matter what you try, it’s common to experience feelings of helplessness and despair. That’s why acne is just as much a mental health issue as it is a physical one.
I know from my own long battle with acne how devastating it can be to wake up day after day with painful, cystic bumps that only seem to get worse and worse.
Adding in some self-care like these positive affirmations for acne can work wonders for your mental health.
20 Positive Affirmations For Acne Sufferers
I recommend going through these positive affirmations for acne every morning, or you can use them to create your own list of affirmations that are catered to you.
Take a deep breath, and let’s dive in.
- I am not my acne.
- My happiness does not depend on having clear skin.
- The suffering I’m experiencing is temporary.
- I am not broken.
- I have more to offer the world than my outward appearance.
- I am loved and cared for.
- My inner beauty transcends my outer beauty.
- My acne is not my fault.
- I will not let acne control my thoughts and emotions.
- I am confident in who I am.
- I am of infinite value and worth.
- God is with me in my suffering; He has not abandoned me.
- I am grateful for the skin I have.
- I am not defined by other people’s perceptions of me.
- I will not let my skin affect my relationships.
- I accept my acne.
- I love myself, regardless of my skin’s condition.
- I was created for a great and noble purpose.
- I will not hide away – I promise to show up as myself today.
- I am worthy of love.
I hope these positive affirmations for acne help you to understand more about the truth of your identity and where your value comes from.
It’s normal to feel upset about your acne from time to time, but remember that you are so much more than what you look like on the outside. If there’s one thing I wish I could tell my former acne-suffering self, it would be this:
Your life doesn’t start when you have clear skin – it’s already happening right now.
None of us knows how much time we have in this world, so let’s make the most of each day we’re given. Acne doesn’t have to rule your life, as long as you don’t let it.
Learn how I naturally got rid of my cystic hormonal acne in this video: